Followers

Saturday, June 9, 2012

An Adventure Cooking: Tofu Stirfry

I am not much of a cook, most of my meals consist of take out! You could imagine my excitement when I created my own recipe and it turned out edible and delicious! It wasn't a hard thing to cook, but I am super excited about it, so I thought I would share what I did!  




First, I drained my tofu, I had a co-worker tell me that it's best to put a plate on top and below the tofu with a paper towel to drain most of the water. I let the tofu sit like this for about an hour. It worked great! I was shocked with how much water still drained after I took it out of the package.

I then cut up garlic and onions. I put these ingredients along with butter and cut up tofu in a large frying pan and put the stove on lo. I covered this mixture in pepper, lemon pepper, garlic salt, and a seasoning that I can't remember.

While the butter began to melt, I washed the sliced mushrooms, cut the green pepper, and washed the broccoli! I put all these ingredients in the pan along with some vegetable oil and more seasoning and mixed it all up. I let it simmer for a few minutes and then came back and added a scoop of butter to the top along with more pepper. I think by doing this it helped the veggies cook to perfection!

I let it simmer on high for awhile until the tofu was cooked to how I like it. I then turned the temperature down to low and let it simmer while I made the rice and waited for my family to get home!

Like I said, I was extremely pleased with how this turned out! My brother didn't even know it was tofu! My mom knew before hand, so she claims she didn't like the texture. Next time, I want to add some Italian dressing to the pan while it cooks!


3 comments:

  1. Hey steph loving your blog you asked for my feed back , and tips on gaining new followers could you email me please i cant find your email addresse :)

    elicia.highfield@googlemail.com

    also check out my blog
    www.fallinglashes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMmmm sounds delicious. The moment you said butter I was already craving for it. I love cooking and even if you said you're 'not much of a cook' I'd say you did well on this. I'm gonna try it once I've got all my ingredients.

    ReplyDelete